Al Futtaim Motors rolls out all-new Yaris
Dubai, October 17, 2011
Al Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributor of Toyota in the UAE, has rolled out the all-new Toyota Yaris Hatchback at a special launch ceremony recently.
Simon Frith, managing director, Al-Futtaim Motors, said: “We are seeing a new excitement in the compact category in the UAE. The hatchback body style dominates the compact vehicle segment, and is preferred by the majority of car buyers in this category. Today’s price-conscious shoppers want the complete package that the new Yaris offers: roomy interior, compact exterior along with the standard list of agility and safety features.”
“As with every Toyota, Yaris proves to be both durable and reliable with great residual value,” he said. “The car features attention to detail in the design and engineering of the vehicle. From its interior design and quiet, refined passenger cabin to its responsive driving dynamics, the 2012 Yaris answers car-shoppers’ demands for a no-compromise vehicle.”
The new Yaris Hatchback has been completely redesigned for 2012, featuring a sportier, aggressive look. The wheelbase has been lengthened by 50mm, with the overall length of the vehicle growing by 100mm, to 3885mm. The height of the new Yaris is also reduced by 15mm for a stance that is both lower and longer, the company said.
With a tight turning circle and quick (4.8 m), responsive steering, the new Yaris is easy to maneuver on crowded streets.
The car will be offered in two grades, the mid-level value-pack and a sporty level. Standard equipment levels have been improved across two grades while simplifying options to make it easier for customers to find the car they want at an affordable price.
All Yaris models are available with a new four-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission, featuring a more compact, lighter-weight design and reduced friction for greater fuel efficiency.
Both the front MacPherson-strut and rear torsion-beam suspension have been tuned to deliver a better ride and improved driving feel. The front stabiliser bar has been increased to 24.2 mm to reduce body roll and therefore improve cornering stability.
The electric power steering is speed sensitive and adds less assistance at high speeds to provide good road feel, at highway speeds while become lighter at slow speeds to aid low-speed parking maneuvers.
New to the 2012 Yaris’ safety features is Toyota’s Advanced Whiplash Injury-Lessening (WIL) front-seat structure. The design helps to ensure that all areas from the head to the lower back are equally supported, helping to reduce whiplash-type injuries during certain types of collisions. It features an impact-absorbing body structure utilising high-tensile strength steel to effectively distribute collision forces.
Also for the first time, Toyota has engineered a single-windshield wiper with wet-arm system for reduced weight and better performance. The system sprays washer fluid from the base of the wiper arm directly in the path of the blade for improved cleaning and wiping action, the statement said.
All models include audio with 6 Speakers with AUX and USB Port, electric power steering, steering wheel with bluetooth and telephone controls, dual air bags and sun visor. Standard exterior features include green laminated windshield glass, colored door handles, colored bumpers, halogen headlamps, rear window defogger, and front windshield wiper.
It also includes standard power windows with driver’s auto-down, power mirrors body colored, and a remote keyless entry system with engine immobiliser. The sporty level Yaris has front fog lamps, rear spoiler, and 15 inch alloy wheels and height adjustable driver’s seat (manual).
The car is available in ten colours including super white, pearl white, silver metallic, grey metallic, light blue mica metallic, super red, gin buck metallic, turquoise mica metallic, black mica, and blue mica metallic, it said.
The Yaris feature both front and rear disc brakes. The Sporty level is equipped with 175/65R15 tires and alloy wheels, it said.
The interior has been completely redesigned on the new Yaris, providing a level of detail not often seen on cars in this price class. Additional sound-absorbing and insulating materials make for a quieter ride. Upgraded fabrics and soft-touch dash highlight a more premium, sporty interior. The front seats are wider, and sculpted to reduce fatigue on long trips.
The luggage compartment area has been lengthened by 145 mm, and widened by 55 mm resulting in a significant increase in cargo volume. Cargo capacity with the seat becomes 286 L, an increase from 274L.
Pricing for the car will range from Dh51,000 ($13,884) to Dh 56,000 making the all-new and improved model a great value versus the previous model, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm