MINI festival to feature top regional musicians
Abu Dhabi, October 6, 2011
MINI, the automotive brand that is part of Germany-based BMW Group, is calling leading regional music artists to perform at a major upcoming MINI festival in Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Hundreds of MINI owners from across the region will take part in the Drive Out Loud celebration at an evening gathering at the Aloft Hotel at the Abu Dhabi Exhibition Centre on October 27 and participate in the largest regional MINI convoy from Abu Dhabi to Dubai on the morning of October 28.
They will then join the general public for a full day of track drives, stunt shows, driver trainings, competitions, urban art, lifestyle and lots of other fun MINI festivities at the renowned Dubai Autodrome.
MINI will also wow crowds with a live evening concert featuring leading Emirati hip-hop rap duo Desert Heat, 2010 Middle East Music Award winner DJ Shadia from Jordan, Colombian singer/songwriter Fatiniza, Indie Rockers Beat Antenna and Dubai’s biggest music export Hamdan Al-Abri for a powerful blend of Soul, Jazz and R&B.
“MINI is known across the globe for championing events that embody the very notion of creativity and attitude. Drive Out Loud is the perfect example of this,” said Sarah Klippert, MINI manager in the Middle East.
“The event is designed to inspire passion and creativity and bring like-minded people from across the region together to celebrate the iconic brand. How better to conclude such an event? A live music concert that supports homegrown talent to create the ultimate MINI experience.”
Guests attending the event will also be the first to experience the new MINI Coupé, the first-ever two-seater MINI and the fifth model to join the brand's portfolio. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week