McLaren model to make Mideast debut
Dubai, September 25, 2011
McLaren Automotive, a British automotive manufacturer of high performance vehicles, said that its all-new MP4-12C will make its Middle East show debut at an upcoming international motor show in Dubai.
The Dubai International Motor Show will be held from November 10 to 14 at Dubai International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
At its heart, McLaren’s 12C features a revolutionary carbon fibre chassis structure, the Carbon MonoCell: the first time a car in this market segment has been based around such a strong and lightweight racing car engineering solution and the first time any car has ever featured a one-piece carbon fibre structure, a statement said.
A high-performance two-seat mid-engine model in the ‘core’ sports car market segment, ranging between $225,000 and $250,000, the 12C is pure McLaren featuring no carryover parts from any other car, it added.
The 12C is powered with a McLaren M838T 3.8-litre, V8 twin-turbo engine producing around 600bhp, driving through a McLaren seven speed Seamless Shift dual clutch gearbox (SSG). Consequently, the 12C can accelerate from 0 to 100 kmph in 3.1 seconds, and on to a top speed of 330 kmph.
“The Middle East is a key market for McLaren Automotive and being at the Dubai International Motor Show reinforces our commitment to the region,” said Ian Gorsuch, McLaren Automotive’s regional director for MEA and Asia Pacific.
“Moreover, as we explore how motor shows fit into our global marketing policy, it is right that this particular show, with its strong appeal among the region’s car enthusiasts, should be part of our pilot project.”
'McLaren Automotive's Middle East team and our regional retail partners are looking forward to showing off the 12C to the many customers who have already placed a deposit, as well as to the passionate car fans who have already heard so much about our highly anticipated debut model,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers