Dubai Taxi Corp boosts Nissan fleet
Dubai, September 5, 2011
Dubai Taxi Corporation has signed a deal with Arabian Automobiles, the flagship company of AW Rostamani group, to expand its Nissan fleet with 505 new Altima vehicles.
Arabian Automobiles is the exclusive dealer of Nissan, Infiniti and Renault in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
Through this, Dubai Taxi Corporation will add 505 Nissan Altima vehicles to the existing 3,504 taxi fleet thus marking the largest fleet order received by Arabian Automobiles from a government department,. said a senior official.
The vehicles were handed over by Felix Welch, sales & marketing director and Yousef Ali Al Raeesi, national fleet manager to Abdul Aziz Abdulla Malik, CEO of Dubai Taxi Corporation this week.
The deal increases the share of Nissan vehicles in the Dubai Taxi fleet to 14 per cent.
Welch described the government departments as key partners in its business, and said Arabian Automobiles enthusiastically welcomed such agreements which strengthen the relationship between the company and the public sector.
'The Nissan Altima is a car known for its comfort and durability, and has consistently maintained its high quality and unmatched value in the mid-size sedan class. We are confident that DTC’s passengers will appreciate and enjoy the high standards of the vehicle,' he noted.
Abdul Aziz Abdulla Malik, CEO of DTC said the company had a long working relationship with Arabian Automobiles and this new addition to the DTC taxi fleet family will increase the service provided to the community.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi