Bahrain Grand Prix advanced to April
Manama, September 3, 2011
The FIA World Motor Sports Council has approved shifting Bahrain's 2012 Grand Prix from its originally scheduled date in October to April.
Under the current schedule, the race will be held April 22.
CEO of the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) Sheikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa welcomed the decision and confirmed that the country and the BIC will be prepared for the date shift.
Sheikh Salman also thanked the government and the Bahraini people for their efforts in getting the country's Grand Prix race back on the schedule.
The updated Grand Prix calendar swapped Bahrain's race with the Indian Grand Prix, which will now be held October 28. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran