Chrysler Lancia names CEO
Dubai, August 8, 2011
Chrysler Lancia, an automotive brand owned by Fiat, has appointed Saad Chehab as the chief executive officer for the brand as well as a member of a newly formed Group executive council (GEC).
Born in Beirut, Lebanon, Chehab graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy as an architect and has worked in the US automotive industry, with numerous notable achievements to his name, a statement said.
Chehab takes up his new position on September 1 and will split his time equally between Italy and the US.
The highest executive decision making body within Fiat outside of the board of directors, the GEC is responsible for reviewing the operating performance of the businesses, setting performance targets, making key strategic decisions and investments for the Group and sharing best practices, including the development and deployment of key human resources.
Fiat and Chrysler Group said that Chehab will be a key member of the team that will take the Chrysler/Lancia brands to the next levels of their development and are confident that he will earn a prominent place among the future leaders of the global automotive industry. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi