Cadillac to launch compact sedan in 2012
Dubai, August 7, 2011
Top-of-the-line US automaker Cadillac will expand its model lineup in 2012 with a new entry in the compact luxury segment codenamed ATS.
General Motors North America president Mark Reuss released this sketch of the model at the Center for Automotive Research’s Management Briefing Seminars.
The small Cadillac will begin production next summer at Lansing Grand River, the same Michigan assembly plant that builds the award-winning midsize Cadillac CTS sedan, coupe and wagon.
The plant received a $190 million investment and 600 jobs for the new model.
“The car we codenamed ATS is being developed to be a driver's car on an all-new Cadillac-specific RWD-AWD architecture,” Reuss said.
“We have extensively and exhaustively studied the competitive segment, and we have benchmarked the best. And when this car comes out, that will be readily apparent,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style
- Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
- Najd Rent-a-Car buys 50 new luxury cars
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June
- Mercedes-Benz Kuwait launches service week
- New Jaguar F-TYPE makes UAE debut
- Yas Marina offers 5 AMG driving experiences
- Transguard driver wins top honour
- UAE Renault sales goes up 49pc