Hyundai Motor among top green brands
Dubai , August 2, 2011
Interbrand, the global brand consultancy, has ranked Hyundai as one of the world’s greenest brands, citing the automaker’s Blue Drive eco-friendly strategy and its industry leadership in zero-emissions hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle development.
Interbrand ranked Hyundai 11th among the agency’s 50 Best Global Green Brands, a new global report by the agency. Hyundai placed fourth among the seven automotive brands that made the survey.
“The company is so confident in its fuel efficiency that starting this year it is reporting monthly fleet fuel efficiency figures in the US,” Interbrand wrote in the survey. “Hyundai has recently seen strong improvements in energy, GHG emissions, water, waste, and toxic emissions.”
The survey, which questioned more than 10,000 respondents in 10 countries, examined each company’s environmental record and how the company is perceived by consumers. Companies were judged based on their performance, their environmental impact, their sustainable growth strategy and their corporate social responsibility programmes.
Hyundai’s Blue Drive sub-brand, launched in 2008, encompasses all of the company’s eco-friendly technologies and products that contribute to higher fuel efficiency and lower emissions, including gasoline, diesel, electric, hybrid and hydrogen fuel-cell engines. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC