Emirati filmmaker to represent Range Rover
Doha, July 30, 2011
Emirati film director and producer Ali F Mostafa has been named a brand ambassador for the launch of the Range Rover Evoque in the Mena region.
Mostafa is the first Emirati to write, co-produce and direct a multi-lingual feature film made exclusively in Dubai – ‘City of Life’, breaking box office records for an Emirati film.
The collaboration will involve Range Rover working closely with Mostafa to support the launch plans for Evoque, the newest edition to the Range Rover line-up.
The Evoque will be the smallest, lightest and most fuel efficient model to date when it goes on sale at the end of the year, said a statement.
The collaboration with Mostafa is part of the unique global Range Rover Evoque launch strategy to partner with ‘City Shapers’ from the world of fashion, design, music and film, who have helped shape the cities they live in.
“Ali Mostafa is a pioneer within the Emirati film industry. Coupled with his unique creativity and style, he is the perfect ambassador for our Evoque launch campaign,” said Robin Colgan, managing director, Jaguar Land Rover Menap.
“We are thrilled to be entering into such an integrated partnership with someone who is so passionate about the city that he grew up in, and has a deep connection with the people living here. The Range Rover Evoque has received an overwhelming response so far and we hope to continue this growing excitement across the region through our partnership with Ali.”
Dubai-based Mostafa is the first Evoque City Shaper to be selected in the Middle East region. As an Evoque ambassador, Ali will drive his own personalised Range Rover Evoque, make appearances at prestigious events from motor shows to film festivals, and engage in social media activation across his own channels as well as Range Rover’s dedicated sites and blogs.
Ali Mostafa said: “I am honoured to be working with such an iconic brand as Range Rover to communicate the launch of the Evoque in the region.”
“When I heard what Range Rover was doing with the new Evoque, the decision to get involved was straightforward to me on many levels. As I prepare for the shoot of my next film later this year, I have gladly taken the time to collaborate with Range Rover on this exciting and unique campaign,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers