Ford’s GCC sales soar 63pc in H1
Dubai, July 6, 2011
Ford and Lincoln sales during the first half of the year posted a 63 per cent growth in the GCC region over the same period last year.
Ford sedans led the way with a 64 per cent rise in sales. The Ford Taurus, Fusion and Mustang recorded significant growth across all GCC markets; with the popular Taurus registering the biggest increase with a 163 per cent boom during the first half of the year.
Ford Fusion followed with an increase of 87 per cent and the legendary Mustang reported a 33 per cent increase in sales across the GCC.
Trucks and SUVs continued to grow strongly with a 62 per cent increase where F-series stood out with almost tripled sales, and the one-ton Ranger sales nearly doubled.
The all-time favorite Ford Explorer registered an impressive 62 per cent increase in sales, with the crossover utility Ford Edge up 64 per cent and full-size SUV Ford Expedition posting 57 per cent growth across GCC. Ford expects this upswing to continue as the all new Explorer arrives in the region during Ramadan.
“Yet again, Ford is going from strength to strength, as proven by our remarkable performance for the first six months,” Hussein Murad, Ford Middle East’s director of Sales.
“This year certainly illustrates increased consumer confidence in and preference towards Ford products. Customers have given us a clear vote of confidence in our products that are not only world-class and award-winning, but leading in terms of technology and safety, with the richest features package.”
“At Ford, we expect a continued growth trend in the Middle East enabling us to capture a sizeable amount of market share, especially in light of new product launches later this year, including the highly-anticipated all-new Ford Explorer and Ford Focus,” he added.
Saudi Arabia took the lead in growth, recording 88 per cent total rise in sales for Ford and Lincoln vehicles for the first six months of 2011.
Trucks and SUVs remained the best performer for the Kingdom with an impressive 94 per cent increase over the same period last year. Sales in passenger cars also remained strong with a 79 per cent increase.
Kuwait also registered a strong uptick of 29 per cent in the first six months, with a 28 per cent increase in year-to-date car sales, and a 29 per cent boost in truck/SUV sales.
Sales in Bahrain remain high with a 39 per cent increase on last year’s figures, with customers again showing strong preference for trucks/SUVs, accounting for 46 per cent of the rise, with car sales up by 32 per cent.
In the UAE, an overall growth of 14 per cent was realized with passenger cars leading the way with a 27 per cent rise followed by 8 per cent growth in trucks/SUV sales.
Qatar demonstrated a 66 per cent growth in passenger car sales during the period while Oman reported significant sales achievement with Ford Fusion posting a 60 per cent increase. The Ford Taurus also saw sales increase in the Sultanate by 86 per cent.
“As we mark this impressive performance year-to-date, we are confident that this trend will continue to further push our market share gains in the second half of 2011," added Murad.
"Together with our dealers we remain completely focused and determined to serve our customers with vehicles that they want with the highest quality, fuel efficiency, safety, smart design and value,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service