Famco secures key Volvo certification
Dubai, May 31, 2011
Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company (Famco), the exclusive partners of Volvo in the UAE, has been awarded the Volvo Silver Partnership Certificate.
The certificate was awarded by Volvo Construction Equipment at its global dealership summit in Shanghai.
Famco is one of the very few companies in the world to have achieved the silver status which indicates that the dealership has met the majority of Volvo’s rigorous standards. Volvo is yet to award any distributor globally with the Gold status.
The Silver Partnership award comes close on the heels of the company winning the ‘Material Handling Provider of the Year – 2011’ award at the Scata ceremony in Dubai earlier this month.
The Volvo Partnership monitor is a process of continuous improvement and tracks dealers performance measured on various parameters and identifies areas of improvement. The performances of dealers are assessed annually to ensure that standards are maintained.
“Achievement of this certification is a clear statement that Famco has been judged to have not only developed rigorous operational and customer centric management systems, but also to have implemented these systems effectively across all Famco operations in the UAE,” said Paul Floyd, managing director, Famco.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai