Famco secures key Volvo certification
Dubai, May 31, 2011
Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company (Famco), the exclusive partners of Volvo in the UAE, has been awarded the Volvo Silver Partnership Certificate.
The certificate was awarded by Volvo Construction Equipment at its global dealership summit in Shanghai.
Famco is one of the very few companies in the world to have achieved the silver status which indicates that the dealership has met the majority of Volvo’s rigorous standards. Volvo is yet to award any distributor globally with the Gold status.
The Silver Partnership award comes close on the heels of the company winning the ‘Material Handling Provider of the Year – 2011’ award at the Scata ceremony in Dubai earlier this month.
The Volvo Partnership monitor is a process of continuous improvement and tracks dealers performance measured on various parameters and identifies areas of improvement. The performances of dealers are assessed annually to ensure that standards are maintained.
“Achievement of this certification is a clear statement that Famco has been judged to have not only developed rigorous operational and customer centric management systems, but also to have implemented these systems effectively across all Famco operations in the UAE,” said Paul Floyd, managing director, Famco.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service