Famco secures key Volvo certification
Dubai, May 31, 2011
Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company (Famco), the exclusive partners of Volvo in the UAE, has been awarded the Volvo Silver Partnership Certificate.
The certificate was awarded by Volvo Construction Equipment at its global dealership summit in Shanghai.
Famco is one of the very few companies in the world to have achieved the silver status which indicates that the dealership has met the majority of Volvo’s rigorous standards. Volvo is yet to award any distributor globally with the Gold status.
The Silver Partnership award comes close on the heels of the company winning the ‘Material Handling Provider of the Year – 2011’ award at the Scata ceremony in Dubai earlier this month.
The Volvo Partnership monitor is a process of continuous improvement and tracks dealers performance measured on various parameters and identifies areas of improvement. The performances of dealers are assessed annually to ensure that standards are maintained.
“Achievement of this certification is a clear statement that Famco has been judged to have not only developed rigorous operational and customer centric management systems, but also to have implemented these systems effectively across all Famco operations in the UAE,” said Paul Floyd, managing director, Famco.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin rolls out new Vanquish Volante
- Abu Dhabi group buys key stake in British F1 team
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha