Land Rover Desert Day held in Qatar
Doha, April 28, 2011
Alfardan Premier Motors Company, the exclusive importer of Land Rover in Qatar, organised its annual Land Rover Desert Day recently.
The event hosted scores of the vehicle's clients and fans with their families on an exciting desert adventure. A range of Land Rover's top-of-the-line off-roaders took the desert by storm and fuel-charged the trip with unparalleled stunts, according to a spokesperson.
“The Land Rover and Range Rover vehicles are top-performers on all types of terrains and particularly the rugged ones and they make therefore for the best and safest vehicles to ride through Qatar's unique sand-dune landscapes,' said Rabih Ataya, general manager of Alfardan Premier Motors.
Land Rover's Desert Day offered all attendees, current owners of a Land Rover vehicle and prospects, the opportunity to experience first-hand the high performance of Land Rover and Range Rover all terrain fleets.
The trip kicked-off with a desert ride through Qatar's most astonishing sand dunes, led by expert guides, during which guests were stewarded across the terrain following a short introductory session when they received guidance on how to approach driving in soft sand and how to safely traverse the surroundings of Qatar's breathtaking inland sea area.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week