Land Rover Desert Day held in Qatar
Doha, April 28, 2011
Alfardan Premier Motors Company, the exclusive importer of Land Rover in Qatar, organised its annual Land Rover Desert Day recently.
The event hosted scores of the vehicle's clients and fans with their families on an exciting desert adventure. A range of Land Rover's top-of-the-line off-roaders took the desert by storm and fuel-charged the trip with unparalleled stunts, according to a spokesperson.
“The Land Rover and Range Rover vehicles are top-performers on all types of terrains and particularly the rugged ones and they make therefore for the best and safest vehicles to ride through Qatar's unique sand-dune landscapes,' said Rabih Ataya, general manager of Alfardan Premier Motors.
Land Rover's Desert Day offered all attendees, current owners of a Land Rover vehicle and prospects, the opportunity to experience first-hand the high performance of Land Rover and Range Rover all terrain fleets.
The trip kicked-off with a desert ride through Qatar's most astonishing sand dunes, led by expert guides, during which guests were stewarded across the terrain following a short introductory session when they received guidance on how to approach driving in soft sand and how to safely traverse the surroundings of Qatar's breathtaking inland sea area.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran