Mazda to launch new compact SUV
Muscat, April 23, 2011
Japanese automaker Mazda Motor Corporation said that new compact crossover SUV (sports utility vehicle), the Mazda CX-5, will join the company’s global line-up in 2012.
The CX-5 is the production model derived from the Mazda Minagi concept car, which debuted at the Geneva Motor Show in March and is being shown at the New York International Auto Show that opened on April 20.
The CX-5 will be the first production vehicle to incorporate Mazda’s new design theme, ‘KODO – Soul of Motion’ as debuted on the Mazda Shinari concept car, as well as the full range of breakthrough Skyactiv technologies, including engines, transmissions, body and chassis.
The “CX” in CX-5 represents Mazda’s line-up of crossover SUV vehicles, which also includes the Mazda CX-7 and Mazda CX-9. The CX-5 will be the compact model in the series.
The Mazda CX-5 will make its international debut at the 64th IAA (Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung) Motor Show to be held in Frankfurt in September.
“We are extremely excited about the Mazda CX-5 and cannot wait for it to be in the international spotlight once it debuts at the IAA,” said Annurag Chawla, head of marketing and communications, Towell Auto Centre, the official distributor for Mazda in Oman.
“Being a compact SUV in the CX series, we are confident of its success in Oman as well,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer