Mazda to launch new compact SUV
Muscat, April 23, 2011
Japanese automaker Mazda Motor Corporation said that new compact crossover SUV (sports utility vehicle), the Mazda CX-5, will join the company’s global line-up in 2012.
The CX-5 is the production model derived from the Mazda Minagi concept car, which debuted at the Geneva Motor Show in March and is being shown at the New York International Auto Show that opened on April 20.
The CX-5 will be the first production vehicle to incorporate Mazda’s new design theme, ‘KODO – Soul of Motion’ as debuted on the Mazda Shinari concept car, as well as the full range of breakthrough Skyactiv technologies, including engines, transmissions, body and chassis.
The “CX” in CX-5 represents Mazda’s line-up of crossover SUV vehicles, which also includes the Mazda CX-7 and Mazda CX-9. The CX-5 will be the compact model in the series.
The Mazda CX-5 will make its international debut at the 64th IAA (Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung) Motor Show to be held in Frankfurt in September.
“We are extremely excited about the Mazda CX-5 and cannot wait for it to be in the international spotlight once it debuts at the IAA,” said Annurag Chawla, head of marketing and communications, Towell Auto Centre, the official distributor for Mazda in Oman.
“Being a compact SUV in the CX series, we are confident of its success in Oman as well,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise