Ford Fusion GCC sales up 64pc in Q1
Dubai, April 20, 2011
The 2011 model of Ford’s mid-size sedan Fusion has recorded an increase of 64 per cent sales in the region during the first quarter of the year over the same period in 2010.
The car also claimed the mid-size segment title in the recent J D Powers and Associates 2011 Vehicle Dependability Study, which is based on responses from more than 43,700 original owners of 2008 model-year vehicles after three years of ownership.
“With its impressive driving dynamics, safety and enhanced technology features, the Ford Fusion continues to be a serious contender in the mid-size segment thanks to its rich package and great value for money,” said Hussein Murad, Ford Middle East's director of sales.
"This latest recognition from the JD Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study lends further proof to this strong product. And growing preference towards the Fusion from both retail and fleet businesses alike is outstanding."
Fusion’s aerodynamic exterior design helps reduce wind noise and improve fuel economy, while the front end sports a powerfully domed hood and aggressive grille, a statement said.
The mid-size sedan features MyKey and integrated blind-spot mirrors, together with optional Blind Spot Information System (BLIS).
Ford is offering the option of two engines, the standard 2.5L I-4 with six-speed manual or automatic transmissions as well as the 3.0L V6 with the 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission for a sportier ride, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC