Famco for Volvo service finals
Dubai, April 12, 2011
Famco, the exclusive distributor for Volvo trucks and buses in the UAE, will take part in the finals of Volvo’s worldwide competition for aftersales personnel to be held in Sweden in June.
Four associates of Famco (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company) finished ahead of teams from Algeria and Lebanon during the regional semi-final of the Volvo International Service Technical Association (Vista) competition.
All teams who qualified for the semi-finals were tested on questions supplied by the Vista development team consisting of practical exercises and theoretical questions.
“We are extremely proud of our team which has won the regional semi-finals. The aim of the competition is to develop and improve employees’ knowledge and skills and improve Volvo Trucks and Buses aftersales customer service,” said Frank O’Connor, general manager, truck & bus division, Famco.
“It is estimated that every participant who has completed all three rounds of Vista 2011 has received around 90 hours of additional training. We are confident this will make a significant contribution to our aftersales service for all Volvo customers in the UAE,” he added.
Of the 3,740 teams participating in this year’s competition, 153 teams made it to the 16 regional semi-finals which were held in nine locations worldwide including Dubai. A total of 30 teams will participate in the VISTA World Final in Gothenburg, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year