Famco for Volvo service finals
Dubai, April 12, 2011
Famco, the exclusive distributor for Volvo trucks and buses in the UAE, will take part in the finals of Volvo’s worldwide competition for aftersales personnel to be held in Sweden in June.
Four associates of Famco (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company) finished ahead of teams from Algeria and Lebanon during the regional semi-final of the Volvo International Service Technical Association (Vista) competition.
All teams who qualified for the semi-finals were tested on questions supplied by the Vista development team consisting of practical exercises and theoretical questions.
“We are extremely proud of our team which has won the regional semi-finals. The aim of the competition is to develop and improve employees’ knowledge and skills and improve Volvo Trucks and Buses aftersales customer service,” said Frank O’Connor, general manager, truck & bus division, Famco.
“It is estimated that every participant who has completed all three rounds of Vista 2011 has received around 90 hours of additional training. We are confident this will make a significant contribution to our aftersales service for all Volvo customers in the UAE,” he added.
Of the 3,740 teams participating in this year’s competition, 153 teams made it to the 16 regional semi-finals which were held in nine locations worldwide including Dubai. A total of 30 teams will participate in the VISTA World Final in Gothenburg, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
- Najd Rent-a-Car buys 50 new luxury cars
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June
- Mercedes-Benz Kuwait launches service week
- New Jaguar F-TYPE makes UAE debut
- Yas Marina offers 5 AMG driving experiences
- Transguard driver wins top honour
- UAE Renault sales goes up 49pc
- Al Majid opens 2 KIA showrooms