Famco for Volvo service finals
Dubai, April 12, 2011
Famco, the exclusive distributor for Volvo trucks and buses in the UAE, will take part in the finals of Volvo’s worldwide competition for aftersales personnel to be held in Sweden in June.
Four associates of Famco (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Company) finished ahead of teams from Algeria and Lebanon during the regional semi-final of the Volvo International Service Technical Association (Vista) competition.
All teams who qualified for the semi-finals were tested on questions supplied by the Vista development team consisting of practical exercises and theoretical questions.
“We are extremely proud of our team which has won the regional semi-finals. The aim of the competition is to develop and improve employees’ knowledge and skills and improve Volvo Trucks and Buses aftersales customer service,” said Frank O’Connor, general manager, truck & bus division, Famco.
“It is estimated that every participant who has completed all three rounds of Vista 2011 has received around 90 hours of additional training. We are confident this will make a significant contribution to our aftersales service for all Volvo customers in the UAE,” he added.
Of the 3,740 teams participating in this year’s competition, 153 teams made it to the 16 regional semi-finals which were held in nine locations worldwide including Dubai. A total of 30 teams will participate in the VISTA World Final in Gothenburg, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC