Ford sees Gulf Q1 sales up 52pc
Dubai, April 10, 2011
Ford Motors, a global automotive industry leader, said its products showed continued strength during the first quarter, posting an impressive 52 per cent increase in sales in the Gulf region compared to last year.
The upswing in sales volume continues thanks to the growing popularity of Ford's new generation of strong products introduced to the region last quarter with the new 2011 Ford Edge, Mustang, Taurus and Fusion leading the charge, said a company statement.
“It is a flying start for Ford in 2011, with a dynamic line up of award-winning, high quality products that customers have been giving great response to,” said Hussein Murad, Ford Middle East's director of sales.
'Ford is truly on the fast track. Our continued growth is testament to increased preference for our products in the region as we offer our customers not only world-class, award winning models that they desire, but also industry-leading technologies and some of the richest features packages - all at an unbeatable value.'
In the UAE, sales saw an impressive 32 per cent increase over Q1 last year, with growth registered at 58 per cent for passenger cars and 20 per cent for utility vehicles and trucks, the statement said.
Kuwait noted a major boost of 50 per cent during the first quarter of this year, driven by increasing retail as well as fleet businesses, further cementing Ford's lead in the Kuwaiti market. Kuwait currently holds the title for Ford's highest market share in the region.
The highest performing market for the GCC was Saudi Arabia, with sales of Ford and Lincoln products increasing by a staggering 75 per cent over the first quarter of 2010.
Ford's GCC growth was driven by demand across Ford and Lincoln range of vehicles, with passenger cars up by 43 per cent, led by the Ford Mustang, Fusion, and Taurus while trucks and utility vehicles were up by 58 per cent across the range with star performers such as the new Edge, Explorer and Expedition.
“The new Ford Edge, Mustang, Taurus and Fusion have been outstanding performers, starting the year off on the best possible footing,” Murad added.
“Dynamic looks, class leading technologies, choice of powertrains, affordable prices, and great fuel economy across Ford’s available models are what customers want, and that's exactly what we offer them across our dealerships today thanks to our new lineup.”
Ford powers ahead in Q1 on the back of its worldwide success in 2010, after posting a strong 1.935 million full-year sales in the US, up by 19 per cent over 2009, marking the largest increase of any full-line manufacturer, said the company statement.
Market share increased for the second year in a row – the company’s first back-to-back increase since 1993, a success largely accredited to a wave of new fuel-efficient, high quality models.
Ford posted the industry's highest growth rate in market share with a full percentage point, for the second consecutive year.
Consumer demand for Ford’s fuel-efficient vehicles continues to grow as March 2011 sales increased 19 per cent compared to the previous year. Year-to-date, Ford sales totaled 496,720, up 16 per cent.
'Clearly, this further reinforces the success of our 'One Ford' strategy as we continue to focus on offering great products that our customers want, and innovate technologies that set the benchmark across the industry,' Murad added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers