Liberty wins Turkey bus dealership
Dubai, March 15, 2011
Liberty Automobiles has recently been appointed exclusive UAE dealer by Turkey’s Otokar for its buses and coaches.
The Otokar buses, which are equipped with Euro-4, eco-friendly engines, and are widely used in many European countries, with capacity for 14 to 104 passengers, will be on display at the Commercial Vehicles Middle East Show, being held at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre, from March 14 to 16.
“Our partnership with Otokar forms part of our strategy of extending our extensive automotive dealership expertise to include buses and coaches,” said Sheikh Khalid Bin Abdul Aziz Al Qasimi, chairman of Liberty Investment Company, holding company of Liberty Automobiles.
“This diversification is our answer to the growing need for mass transportation requirements in the corporate, tourism and public transport sectors. We firmed up our partnership with Otokar after a detailed year-long study of the UAE transportation sector.”
“Liberty Group has already been active in the bus and coach business through our member company, Prime Limousine, which provides buses and coaches to the tourism industry, hotels and well-known government, semi-government and private sector organizations in the UAE,” he added.
Duncan Peat, managing director of Liberty Automobiles, said: “In addition, our long-standing experience in the automobile dealership business makes us the ideal candidate to represent Otokar's technologically advanced and eco-friendly buses. Based on our survey, there is nothing comparable in the UAE to these buses, in terms of quality and value for money.”
Serdar Gorguc, general manager of Otokar, Turkey, said: “Otokar buses have been in use all over Europe, because of the company’s reputation for designing and manufacturing customer-oriented, high quality buses and coaches, backed by efficient after-sales service.”
“We see huge potential in the Middle East, as this region is developing at a rapid pace. Our buses adhere to stringent European safety and emission standards,” he added.
The four models of Otokar buses being launched in the UAE are: the 14-seater Centro, the 31-seater Navigo, the 35-seater Vectio and the larger Kent buses which can accommodate up to 104 sitting and standing passengers.
The buses come with luxury fittings and upholstery, and with optional amenities like refrigerator, LCD monitor, PA system, wheelchair ramp, etc., a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer