Mercedes-Benz dealer showcases at Qatar event
Doha, January 29, 2011
Nasser Bin Khaled Automobiles, exclusive dealer of Mercedes-Benz in Qatar, showcased its automotive collection at the first international edition of recently concluded Qatar Motor Show 2011 in Doha.
The event comprised a series of launches amongst which was the first G-Class Arabia 100 Limited Edition 2011 and the ML Grand Edition 2011.
'We're glad to see an international edition of a motor show in Qatar, which has become the home to some of the world's most iconic automotive brands,” said Khalid Shaa'ban, general manager of NBK Automobiles.
“Any show wouldn't be complete without the exclusive touch and presence of a Mercedes-Benz and its yearly-awaited new car model launches. Today we welcome two dazzling additions to our automotive family, the G-Class Arabia 100 Limited Edition 2011 and the ML Grand Edition 2011 which we're confident will win great public acclaim,” he added.
The G-Class has sold over 200,000 units in 32 years, a statement said.
With over 4000 units sold in the past 10 years, the Middle East is the fourth biggest market for G-Class world-wide and the biggest market in terms of G55 AMG sales, it added.
As a tribute to this growth, and to continue the success of the limited Edition 79, Mercedes-Benz Cars Middle East & Levant, in cooperation with Mercedes-Benz G-Class produced the Middle East-only version of the “G”.
Limited to 100 units and intertwined with the Middle Eastern motoring heritage, the new member of the G-Class family is available in two Designo Magno colours - Cashmere White and Nightblack.
The Mercedes-Benz Grand ML is an upgraded version of its premium selling M-Class SUV.
The Grand Edition features 19-inch light-alloy wheels featuring a unique Y-spoke design, special blue-tinted thermal insulation glass, dark-tinted headlamps, and darkened taillights, as well as LED technology.
Buyers have the option to go for the Grand Edition that sports the 20-inch bicolor light-alloy wheels along with a bonnet with powerdomes built in it, the statement said.
Other features available in the interior of the special edition include leather cladded AMG sports steering wheel with shift paddles, sports pedals with a brushed stainless steel finish along with rubber studs and door entry panels made of stainless steel. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week