New Bentley Muslanne launched in Bahrain
Manama, December 23, 2010
Bentley Motors has unveiled its latest offering, the Mulsanne, in Bahrain. The luxury car comes with a starting price of BD1,450,000.
It was previewed by Bahrain's media representatives at dealers Ahmed Zayani and Sons' showroom in Zinj.
Bentley Motors' VIP customer sales manager Trevor Gay, who flew in for the event from Crewe, England, said the over six-litre, 90-degree V8 engine comes across as a 505bhp engineering marvel that generates 1020Nm of torque.
'All the major building blocks of the engine are new and have been designed to optimise performance,' he said.
Gay said this had contributed towards meeting key objectives, which include maximising torque, refinement and efficiency.
'Nowhere is this better demonstrated than in the introduction of two new electro-mechanical control systems - cam phasing and variable displacement,' he said.
'The pioneering use of these two technologies allows the Mulsanne's engine management system to not only actively adjust the V8's breathing, but also to effectively throttle back four of the cylinders entirely, independent of the others, when not required.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
- Najd Rent-a-Car buys 50 new luxury cars
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June
- Mercedes-Benz Kuwait launches service week
- New Jaguar F-TYPE makes UAE debut
- Yas Marina offers 5 AMG driving experiences
- Transguard driver wins top honour
- UAE Renault sales goes up 49pc
- Al Majid opens 2 KIA showrooms