2011 Lincoln features at Abu Dhabi show
Abu Dhabi, December 9, 2010
The 2011 Lincoln MKX midsize luxury crossover made its UAE debut at the ongoing Abu Dhabi International Motor Show 2010.
The crossover features the all-new MyLincoln Touch driver connect technology, which delivers a smarter, safer, simpler way to connect drivers with in-car technologies and their digital lives, a statement said.
MyLincoln comes standard on the 2011 Lincoln MKX, it added.
“With its combination of style, performance and uncompromising luxury, the Lincoln MKX has brought new customers into the Lincoln showroom in a way that very few products have before,” said Derrick Kuzak, group vice president, global product development.
“Lincoln customers tell us they care most about style and technology, and the new Lincoln MKX meets these needs perfectly. The new MyLincoln Touch technology will change the way customers interact with their vehicles while its new design language gives the vehicle a distinctive and stylish silhouette we know customers will love," he added.
The Lincoln also has a new exterior design, new interior design with increased use of genuine materials, new powertrain with unsurpassed fuel economy, improved driving dynamics and new tires and wheels all combine to deliver an unparalleled luxury experience.
The industry-first MyLincoln Touch experience, powered by Lincoln SYNC, replaces traditional vehicle buttons, knobs and gauges with LCD screens and five-way buttons. The screens can be personalized to display information relevant to each individual driver using a button click, voice command or touch screen tap.
In addition to the usual audio and climate control features, the touch-sensitive technology also operates the volume and fan controls, which is exclusive to Lincoln.
Customers can swipe their fingers along the slider, or touch anywhere along it, to adjust the volume. The slider features 10 distinct touchpoints; three full swipes bring the system to maximum volume.
The fan control is operated in a similar fashion. On both the volume control and the fan control, the distinctive Lincoln White lighting acts as a chaser.
The 2011 Lincoln MKX will be built at its plant in Ontario, Canada.
The Abu Dhabi International Motor Show, which opened on December 7, will run until December 11. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers