World's newest sports car to be launched in Bahrain
Manama, November 28, 2010
One of the world's fastest sports cars will be unveiled during a special event in Bahrain today.
McLaren Automotive will show off the MP4-12C at the Royal Golf Club, Riffa.
Priced at around $250,000 (BD94,272), the two-seater comes with 600bhp and is capable of reaching 60kmph in less than four seconds and a top speed of 322kmph.
One of the world's newest sports car manufacturers following its launch in the UK in March, McLaren Automotive earlier announced it would base its regional head office in Bahrain.
The company is part of the McLaren Group, in which the Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company has a 42 per cent stake.
Fifty per cent of its automotive arm is also owned by Mumtalakat.
McLaren Automotive's Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific regional director Ian Gorsuch will be among those attending the event.
The 12C will go on sale in Europe from spring next year, followed soon after by the Middle East, where it will take up to 20 per cent of the 1,000 12Cs built in its first year.
Ghassan Abdul Rahman Al Sulaiman Trading Establishment - Al Ghassan Motors has already been appointed McLaren Automotive's local partner in Bahrain.
It will also host a fully-equipped official service centre, for which the technicians will receive training at McLaren's UK headquarters.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers