World's newest sports car to be launched in Bahrain
Manama, November 28, 2010
One of the world's fastest sports cars will be unveiled during a special event in Bahrain today.
McLaren Automotive will show off the MP4-12C at the Royal Golf Club, Riffa.
Priced at around $250,000 (BD94,272), the two-seater comes with 600bhp and is capable of reaching 60kmph in less than four seconds and a top speed of 322kmph.
One of the world's newest sports car manufacturers following its launch in the UK in March, McLaren Automotive earlier announced it would base its regional head office in Bahrain.
The company is part of the McLaren Group, in which the Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company has a 42 per cent stake.
Fifty per cent of its automotive arm is also owned by Mumtalakat.
McLaren Automotive's Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific regional director Ian Gorsuch will be among those attending the event.
The 12C will go on sale in Europe from spring next year, followed soon after by the Middle East, where it will take up to 20 per cent of the 1,000 12Cs built in its first year.
Ghassan Abdul Rahman Al Sulaiman Trading Establishment - Al Ghassan Motors has already been appointed McLaren Automotive's local partner in Bahrain.
It will also host a fully-equipped official service centre, for which the technicians will receive training at McLaren's UK headquarters.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC