Lexus 2011 range to feature ‘supercar’
Dubai, October 5, 2010
The new 2011 model year Lexus range will feature the brand’s ultra exclusive supercar, the LFA, heralding the arrival of a series of F marque high performance vehicles, said its exclusive dealer in the UAE.
The ultimate supercar features a multitude of customisation options befitting a vehicle of this class and with an elite allocation for the UAE, exclusive orders are now being taken, according to Al-Futtaim Motors.
Originally unveiled as a supercar concept in 2005, the LFA has since gone into full production with only 500 models available worldwide. Featuring a 4.8 litre V10 sports tuned engine that produces 560 horsepower and top speeds in excess of 320kph, the Lexus LFA will arrive early in the UAE next year when the first exclusive consignment arrives.
“The LFA is intended for a very select audience and the Lexus high performance sports sedan ISF which is due to launch in the UAE shortly, is much more accessible to a wider audience,” said Saud Abbasi, general manager for Lexus, Al-Futtaim Motors.
“Its vivacious attitude in design and performance will whet the appetites of those keen to get a taste of the track style performance the F marque signifies.”
The 2011 Lexus ISF is a high-performance addition to the Lexus IS series sport sedan. Exclusively powered by a performance tuned five-litre V8 engine teamed to an eight speed sport direct shift transmission, the ISF literally roars into life as it delivers a powerful 416 horsepower and thrilling driving experience.
“Our Lexus model range continues to develop in exciting directions; the LFA has become an inspiration for the direction of the brand as we head into 2011 with a renewed focus on the delivery of an emotive engaging driving experience that is clearly apparent in the ISF model,” Abbasi added.
“The complete 2011 model line-up demonstrates this focus through the appearance of sharper shapes and colours in the design of the vehicles.”
Changes to the existing model range for 2011 are most apparent in the IS sports sedan range which has expanded to include a 2.5 litre engine that delivers a greater output performance and fuel economy delivered through the introduction of the smooth D-4 engine system.
Revised styling for the IS range displays a new front grille and bumper and a modified rear design. LED daytime running lamps receive a dark smoke coating to provide a bolder expression while new 17 inch designed wheels add to the dynamic sporty image.
Importance is also placed on striking new colour options that contribute to the dynamism of the 2011 range; a new interior colour duality makes its debut across the IS, GS and RX model range.
These particular models feature unique coordinated body trim colour throughout the vehicle that includes the steering wheel, console and seat covers as well as an exterior body strip, wheel and grille decoration.
The flagship SUV, the LX570 also receives an elegant new seat trim comprising the soft semi-aniline leather in a striking saddle tan and black combination with matching console and door trim.
Vivid new exterior colours add to the refined Lexus palette comprising ‘starlight black’ a deep ‘lapis lazuli’ and shimmering ‘silvery blue’. Lexus has employed the latest technology to introduce the new ‘glass fake’ photo-luminescent material which portrays the sparkles of a star-filled night sky to create the ‘starlight black’ colour effect.
New for all 2011 model year purchases is the extension of the existing warranty from three to five years with unlimited mileage ensuring customer peace of mind and investment protection, Al-Futtaim said in a statement.
“We are confident that with the expansion of our model range and continued commitment to deliver the best customer service, we will widen our appeal and continue to raise the benchmark in the premium automotive market,” Abbasi concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer