Doha to host international auto expo
Doha, October 3, 2010
The first edition of the Qatar Motor Show, an international exhibition dedicated to the automobile and the world of motor vehicles, will be held in Doha from January 26 to 29, 2011.
The event, which is being organised by Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) in partnership with q.media Events and GL events, aims to swiftly establish itself as a leader on the international scene of events dedicated to the motor world.
It will be held under the patronage of Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabor Al Thani, Qatar’s Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs.
As part of its promotional campaign, the QTA recently presented the first edition of the Qatar Motor Show in Paris.
Against the refined backdrop of the Hotel Salomon de Rothschild in Paris, a splendid neo-classical building that has recently been renovated, Ahmed Al Nuaimi, QTA chairman, Sheikh Al Hussain Bin Ali Bin Ahmad Al Thani, CEO of q.media, and Olivier Ferraton, CEO of GL events Services, Giada Michetti, CEO of GL events Italia, gave the global media a preview of the first edition of the Qatar Motor Show.
“Over the last decades, Qatar's explosive economic growth has been primarily the result of our vast natural resources in gas and oil combined with a strong national vision imparted by our country’s esteemed leadership,' said Al Nuaimi.
'We have emerged as a leading destination in the Gulf region for international exhibitions, conferences and special events. Sport has always played an important role in the lives of Qataris,' he noted.
'We host international sports championships in tennis, golf, athletics and water sports. As such, QTA is pleased to bring the motor show to Doha as another exciting addition to the events calendar for Qatar and for the region,' Al Nuaimi added.
According to him, the show will be crucial for automotive brands, in a global scenario that highlights the Middle East and the Arabian Peninsula as markets that display the strongest potential for growth.
The Doha Exhibitions Center, which will host the event, will provide a launch pad for the latest models created by some of the most noted international carmakers in the premium segment onto the Middle Eastern markets.
In collaboration with the Car Coachbuilders Group of ANFIA, the Italian Association of the Automotive Industry, the show will host an area dedicated to concept cars, super cars, and prototypes conceived by prestigious names in the fields of 'Made in Italy' automotive design and special bodywork manufacture: Autostudi, Bertone, Castagna, Fioravanti, Pininfarina, Salt, Spada, Touring Superleggera.
'It will be an unforgettable event because it will provide guests with an interactive and dynamic experience, according to a philosophy of “seeing, touching, trying”: the territory surrounding the Doha Exhibitions Center will host various demonstration areas for off-roading, freestyle and drifting exhibitions as well as test drive sessions of the latest car and SUV models,' the QTA chief said.
Visitors will also be able to approach leading experts for professional tips and advice regarding the driving styles best-suited to different conditions, he added.
The Qatar Motor Show will also provide an opportunity for discussion and debate among key figures from the automotive world: the opening day (January 26), will host the first “Middle East Automotive Convention”.
Sheikh Al Hussain said the show will be a hands-on, interactive event.
'It will be an immersive and all-encompassing experience that will have something for everyone. In addition to rally champions, fancy cars and top international car manufacturers, it will stand out from other auto shows by featuring exclusive interactive opportunities for participants to immerse themselves in the cutting edges of the automotive experience.'
Ferraton emphasised the importance of the partnership with QTA in the hosting of the event.
'We chose to support GL Middle East with our Italian automotive branch, GL events Italia, a group that is experienced in managing the organisation of automotive events such as Bologna Motor Show, which has reached its 35th edition this year,' he stated.
In her speech, Giada said: “Qatar is attracting important investments and is becoming a tourist and cosmopolitan destination, fusing tradition and innovation.'
'In fact even last year during a period of deep world economic crisis, Qatar marked an economic growth of nine per cent,' she added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Qatar Motor Show |
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer