McLaren names Al Ghassan Bahrain dealer
Manama, September 29, 2010
McLaren Automotive, the premium sports car company, has named Al Ghassan Motors its local partner in Bahrain.
Ghassan Abdul Rahman Al Sulaiman Trading (Al Ghassan Motors) will start to sell McLaren Automotive’s first car, the MP4-12C, from early summer 2011, a company statement said.
Additionally, Al Ghassan Motors will host a fully equipped official service centre, for which the technicians will receive full technical training at McLaren’s head quarters in the UK.
With significant interest already expressed by Bahraini car enthusiasts, Bahrain is expected to be an important market for McLaren Automotive.
“Bahrain is one of our top markets in the region. The extremely positive feedback we have received so far from potential customers there is evidence of the strength of our brand on the island,” said Ian Gorsuch, McLaren Automotive’s regional director for the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
“At McLaren Automotive, we believe that by combining an excellent product with the highest standards of customer care will help us lay down the foundations for long and continuing success.”
“By partnering with Al Ghassan Motors, who enjoy an excellent reputation and have vast experience in the luxury and sports automotive sectors, we will ensure our customers receive the very best on both fronts,” he added.
Ghassan Abdul Al Rahman Al Sulaiman, president and CEO of Al Ghassan Motors, said: “Bahrain is renowned for its love of luxury cars, and over the years people here have built up a thorough respect and understanding of high-end vehicles.”
“Our aim at Al Ghassan is to translate our appreciation for McLaren by delivering the highest standards of customer service through the purchase and after-sales experiences. We are dedicated to providing our customers with all the expertise and assistance they need for years of happy ownership.”
With the announcement of Al Ghassan Motors as McLaren Automotive’s Bahraini dealer, the company has concluded its regional dealership network, the statement said.
The five independent dealers here will join a global network of 35 partners who will be responsible for selling an initial annual production run of up to 1,000 MP4-12Cs in 2011. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week