Top automakers to unveil new models at show
Sharjah, September 6, 2010
Mercedes, Volkswagen and Nissan will unveil their new models for the first time in the Middle East at an upcoming automobile show in Sharjah.
The 10th edition of International Automobile Show (IAS) will run from October 14 to 18 at Expo Centre Sharjah from October 14 to 18, and will host the first public viewing of Volkswagen’s all new Touareg, and showcase the Mercedes R-Class facelift 2011, among others.
“It is testament to the growing reach and reputation of the International Automobile Show that such established dealers are not only exhibiting but have chosen to use the event as a platform from which to launch their latest models,” said Saif Al Midfa, director general of Expo Centre Sharjah.
In addition to displaying the SLS AMG, Mercedes dealer Gargash Enterprises will also display the M Class Grand Edition and Maybach facelift.
“We are showcasing the SLS AMG and R-Class facelift 2011 as the show is always a good platform to generate sales enquiries and highlight the diversity of our range,” said Wassim Derbi, marketing manager at Gargash Enterprises.
Meanwhile, other major UAE car dealers such as AGMC, Arabian Automobiles and Al Habtoor Motors, amongst others have all confirmed their participation at this year’s event.
Nissan’s Arabian Automobiles, has booked the largest stand space of 1,100 sq m and showcasing the all new Z370, meanwhile Infiniti with their 400 sq m will showcase the QX and M for the first time.
AGMC, which is the exclusive dealer of BMW, Rolls Royce and Mini in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, will display their all new range of 2011 models in addition to some unique Mini displays in the outdoor arena.
Al Nabooda Motors, official dealer of Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, will show its full line-up at the show.
“The all new Touareg will be launched at the end of September in the UAE so it is perfect timing for us that the IAS is taking place in October. Visitors at the show will be among the first to see the car,” said Thierry Seyes, General Manager of the Al Nabooda Volkswagen franchise.
“Sharjah and the Northern Emirates are important markets for us and as such we are in the final planning stages of new state of the art facilities for our three brands to show our commitment to them,” he added.
Other brands that have confirmed their participation at the show include Liberty Automobiles (General Motors, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Hummer, and Opel) and Al Habtoor Motors (Mitsubishi, Bentley, Aston Martin).
The IAS is the Middle East’s most popular bi-annual auto exhibition, hosting some of the finest automakers from across the globe. The show attracts car lovers and auto enthusiasts alike, not only from the UAE but from across the Middle East and with events for all ages.
The Middle East Motor Tuning Show (MEMTS) will run alongside the IAS. The two shows will collectively span 58,000 square metres of indoor and outdoor space.
There will be a number of visitor-focused initiatives, including safety, which will be one of this year’s main themes. Instructors will give demonstrations and offer driving tips to visitors in a purpose-built area.
Show highlights also include a state of the art 4x4 driving course by Off-Road Zone. The track will include an extreme rock driving track, complete with artificial wadis, log drives and a RC Racer Zone. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer