Dubai group plans battery-powered truck
Dubai , July 22, 2010
Dubai-based Al Yousuf group, a diversified conglomerate, is planning to launch UAE’s first battery-powered sports utility truck.
Al Yousuf, which is the authorised dealer for Daihatsu, Daewoo and Yamaha automobiles, recently acquired US-based Phoenix Motorcars, a leading electric vehicle maker, said a report in Gulf News.
"The Phoenix SUT is a full-featured, all-electric pick-up truck that can serve as a direct, cost-efficient replacement for standard passenger cars and light-duty trucks for just $75,000,” Eqbal Al Yousuf, group president, was quoted as saying in the report.
Al Yousuf added that the group invested around Dh100 million ($27.2 million) over the past year to produce this kind of electric low-emission vehicle, according to the report.
More Motoring Stories
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award