Dubai group plans battery-powered truck
Dubai , July 22, 2010
Dubai-based Al Yousuf group, a diversified conglomerate, is planning to launch UAE’s first battery-powered sports utility truck.
Al Yousuf, which is the authorised dealer for Daihatsu, Daewoo and Yamaha automobiles, recently acquired US-based Phoenix Motorcars, a leading electric vehicle maker, said a report in Gulf News.
"The Phoenix SUT is a full-featured, all-electric pick-up truck that can serve as a direct, cost-efficient replacement for standard passenger cars and light-duty trucks for just $75,000,” Eqbal Al Yousuf, group president, was quoted as saying in the report.
Al Yousuf added that the group invested around Dh100 million ($27.2 million) over the past year to produce this kind of electric low-emission vehicle, according to the report.
More Motoring Stories
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style