Auto show launches custom design contest
Dubai, July 11, 2010
The Middle East Motor Tuning Show, one of the region’s largest shows for car tuning, has launched a unique auto tuning design contest.
The contest will undoubtedly be the highlight of an action-packed customised car show featuring TV favourite and customiser to the stars, Bear Garcia, a statement said.
The Custom Design Cup is the Gulf’s first open competition giving people the chance to have their own interior and exterior designs brought to life on a Ford Mustang, provided by Al Tayer Motors.
The modified vehicle will be unveiled on the first day of the Middle East Motor Tuning Show (MEMTS), which runs in parallel with the International Automobile Show (IAS) from October 14 to 18 at Expo Centre Sharjah.
Entrants are invited to upload their designs on www.customdesigncup.com and the winning design, chosen by a panel of experts and journalists, led by Sheikh Marwan bin Rashid Al Mualla, Chairman of the Emirates Motor Sports Federation and owner of the Umm Al Quwain MotorPlex, will then be brought to life by Bear Garcia and his team at local outfit Bespoke Auto Design. The winner will also receive a cash prize and feature on MTV Arabia’s programme about the competition.
Garcia has an impeccable pedigree and has created unique cars for the likes of Snoop Dogg, Paris Hilton, Shaquille O’Neil and Kobe Bryant.
Budding customised car designers can choose to enter the interior or exterior categories, or both. In the exterior category, points will be awarded for creativity, attention to detail and functionality of; bodykits; wide body; colours; tyres; rims; and accessories, while interior designs will be judged, based on; upholstery; boot; audio; TV; DVD; and add-ons. Extra points will be awarded for emotional appeal.
“We have seen a number of cases recently where illegal modifications have been made to cars, which have clearly put lives at risk. Safety is our priority and we hope that this show will highlight why only professionals can create a safe vehicle that conforms to warranty and safety standards, as well as UAE road traffic regulations. Of course it has to be fun and look good as well,” said Roman Gavrilin, project manager for MEMTS.
As well as the Custom Design Cup, MEMTS will also feature the latest trends in car modification from the likes of Invader, Top Speed Performance, Bespoke Auto Design and others.
MEMTS and IAS together will span 58,000 square metres of indoor and outdoor space and is supported by the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Emirates Motor Sports Federation.
Show highlights include the first Middle East Motor Awards and a state of the art 4x4 driving course by Off-Road Zone. The track will include an extreme rock driving track, complete with artificial wadis, log drives and a Radio Controlled Racer Zone.
Entries for the Custom Design Cup close on August 31 with the 10 finalists announced on September 5.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners