Saudi Ford dealer vies for sales award
Dubai, July 4, 2010
Al Jazirah Vehicles Agencies, the Ford and Lincoln importer-dealer in Saudi Arabia, has gone to Ford Motor Company's headquarters in Michigan, to compete for the 2010 World Cup Walk-Around Sales Champion title.
After an intense regional competition in Dubai, Al Jazirah Vehicles Agencies Co. advanced to the World Cup Finals along with thirteen other regional winners from the Asia Pacific, Sub-Saharan Africa and Caribbean and Central American regions.
The competition will reward sales consultants for their knowledge and passion in presenting the 2010 Ford Ranger or 2010 Ford Taurus. Contestants will be judged on their ability to create effective presentations that connect elements of the Ford Story (www.thefordstory.com) and vehicle features with customer needs in a memorable way.
World Cup Finals contestants Mohammed Rashidi, Abdulaziz Al Sayed and Mouaid Yahya, representing Al Jazirah Vehicles, beat 14 competitors from nine dealerships around the globe by effectively demonstrating their product expertise and enthusiasm.
“We are very proud of our team for making it all the way to the World Cup Finals in Dearborn,' said Sheikh Abdullah Al Kraidees, AJVA's president.'
Along with the World Cup Walk-Around Champion title, finalists will compete for $9,000 in stored value MasterCards and trophies for themselves and their dealerships. Other participants from the Middle East are: Ahmad Hanfi - Ghriwati Auto in Syria and Adil Jal Mistry - Premier Motors (Abu Dhabi).
'This is a great event on multiple levels,' said Hussein Murad, Ford Middle East's director of sales.
'It serves as an incentive to help sharpen the knowledge of our sales consultants while encouraging them to better share their passion for Ford with customers.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service