GM Middle East gets new president
Dubai, March 22, 2010
John N Stadwick has been appointed president and managing director of GM Middle East operations.
John replaces Mike Devereux, who will take up the position of chairman and managing director of GM Holden. He will be based at GM Holden’s headquarters in Melbourne, Australia. The change is effective immediately.
John arrives from Shanghai, where he held the position of vice president - Aftersales, for GM International Operations (GMIO) since September 2009.
Starting his career with GM in 1984 as a district manager in training with GM’s Oldsmobile division in Lansing, Michigan, Stadwick worked his way up through various sales, marketing and service positions in the United States.
“GM Middle East is very lucky to be having John as the new president and managing director. I've known him for a long time and he is an accomplished, experienced executive who will make a positive impact on General Motors in this important region,” said Mike Devereux.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers