Aston Martin unveils first 4-door sports car
Manama, March 16, 2010
Aston Martin's first four-door sports car, Rapide, with a starting price of $233,174 (BD87,920), was launched in Bahrain by the dealer Montana Motors.
Present were Montana Motors managing director Shaikh Ahmed bin Hassan Al Khalifa, dealership officials and representatives from Aston Martin, based in Gaydon, England.
'This is a functional yet luxurious vehicle and provides space for up to four adults, combined with an engaging driving experience synonymous with all Aston Martins,' said Shaikh Ahmed. As the marque's first production four-door sports car, we have experienced unprecedented demand from our clients. This car has changed the concept of luxury sports cars with its elegance and beautiful design.'
Aston Martin Middle East marketing and public relations manager Dan Redpath said though the new Rapide has four doors, it is first and foremost a pure Aston Martin sports car.
He said Aston Martin craftsmanship values remain, with the finest authentic materials used throughout Rapide. 'There are all the luxury features that you would expect from an Aston Martin and a few that you would not expect, including rear seat entertainment and cooling seats.
The car is available to order with first customer deliveries expected in the second quarter of this year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer