Aston Martin unveils first 4-door sports car
Manama, March 16, 2010
Aston Martin's first four-door sports car, Rapide, with a starting price of $233,174 (BD87,920), was launched in Bahrain by the dealer Montana Motors.
Present were Montana Motors managing director Shaikh Ahmed bin Hassan Al Khalifa, dealership officials and representatives from Aston Martin, based in Gaydon, England.
'This is a functional yet luxurious vehicle and provides space for up to four adults, combined with an engaging driving experience synonymous with all Aston Martins,' said Shaikh Ahmed. As the marque's first production four-door sports car, we have experienced unprecedented demand from our clients. This car has changed the concept of luxury sports cars with its elegance and beautiful design.'
Aston Martin Middle East marketing and public relations manager Dan Redpath said though the new Rapide has four doors, it is first and foremost a pure Aston Martin sports car.
He said Aston Martin craftsmanship values remain, with the finest authentic materials used throughout Rapide. 'There are all the luxury features that you would expect from an Aston Martin and a few that you would not expect, including rear seat entertainment and cooling seats.
The car is available to order with first customer deliveries expected in the second quarter of this year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota Corolla 2014 launched in Bahrain
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest