EMC says Mercedes-Benz SLR sales up 40pc
Dubai, January 7, 2010
Emirates Motor Company (EMC), Mercedes-Benz general distributors in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, has recorded a 40 per cent increase in Mercedes-Benz SLR sales during 2009 compared to the previous year.
The dealership is also showcasing the world’s first and only Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren refinished in the extraordinary “Arabian Nights” colour by Glasurit Paint. This special colour was applied in EMC’s largest Body & Paint centre in the Middle East.
“The SLR is the absolute pinnacle of what’s possible in a sports car combining the elegance of Mercedes-Benz with AMG performance and McLaren Formula 1 technology,” said Irfan Tansel, general manager of EMC.
“EMC is ending 2009 on a very strong note. We have recorded great successes with a perfect move into our new home in Musaffah, overall increasing our customer satisfaction and the roll-out of many new initiatives,” he continued.
Adopted from the famous One Thousand and One Nights ,Middle Eastern folk tale, the dazzling “Arabian Nights” colour truly holds a thousand colors giving the SLR supercar a flashy rainbow of breathtaking shades. Resembling glowing stars sprinkled across a dark Arabian Sky, the striking color dresses itself in a distinctive manner stressing the unique shape of the legendary roadster.
“The Arabian Night colour is applied over a black ground colour. Without sunlight, the Arabian Night pigments look like ‘white’ metallic on black. That makes the colour also unique when it is not exposed to sunlight. In contrast, under direct sunlight the special coat reflects all the colours in the spectrum: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet,” said Arie Verboon, country manager and business development, export, Middle East for BASF.
Earlier this year, EMC opened the largest Mercedes-Benz dealership in the world in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi. The energy efficient, one million square-foot facility features a 4,382 sq m showroom, 20,873 sq m service centre with over 250 work-bays, 7,196 sq m for spare parts, a multi-storey parking lot and staff accommodation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service