Yas Marina Circuit wins FIA award
Abu Dhabi, December 23, 2009
The Yas Hotel will be home to a trophy recently awarded to Yas Marina Circuit by the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), the governing body for world motor sport.
At the annual FIA Gala held in Monaco last week, the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was named the 2009 'Race Promoter of the Year'.
“It is quite fitting that we continue to celebrate this success with the trophy on permanent display at the Yas Hotel where everyone can still feel part of this significant achievement,” said Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak, chairman of Yas Marina Circuit.
The award not only acknowledged the spectacular setting of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, but the promotion of the first ever twilight race.
Upcoming events scheduled at Yas Marina Circuit include:
GP2 Asia Series, February 5 and 6: F1’s future champions return for Round Two of the 2009/2010 Championship
V8 Supercars Australia, February 19 and 20: The world’s biggest and best Touring Car Series brings bumper-to-bumper action to Yas Marina Circuit
The International Drag Racing Festival, March 26 and 27 (TBC): America’s top fuel dragsters for the first time in the Middle East
FIA GTs, April 2 and 3 (TBC): The world’s top sports car series.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Renault rolls out new 'Twin’Run'
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul