Danish firm launches supercar at Dubai show
Dubai, December 19, 2009
Zenvo Automotive, a top Danish manufacturer of supercars, has unveiled its Zenvo ST1 supercar at the ongoing Dubai International Motor Show 2009.
The company said that it is targeting to sell five of its limited-edition production supercars per year in the region, including the Zenvo ST1, with subsequent models to be launched in the future.
Ultimate Motors, one of the leading distributors of exotic and luxury sports cars in the GCC and appointed exclusive regional distributor of EUR850,000 ($1.2 million) Zenvo ST1, also reported that the Danish-designed supercar has garnered significant interest amongst regional customers at the exhibition.
“We have a very upbeat outlook on the success of Zenvo ST1 in the GCC given the increasing number of high net worth individuals in the region and their well-documented passion for limited-edition supercars,” said Jesper Jensen, CEO and founder, Zenvo Automotive.
“The Middle East is considered as one of the last havens for supercars in the world, and I believe that the affluent market will be highly receptive towards owning the Zenvo ST1, which despite its power can be used on a daily basis,” he added.
“On top of all these, the innate desire for speed, high-quality and performance in automobiles by Arabs strengthens our confidence that the region will become a vital market for our luxury supercars.”
Powered by a 7-litre V8 engine with both a supercharger and a turbo, the Zenvo ST1 is capable of accelerating from 0 to 100 km/hr in three seconds, has an electronically limited top speed of 375 km/hr, and produces a massive 1,430 NM of torque.
It also develops 1,104 bhp, which can be controlled at a flick of a switch with three power settings - ‘Normal’ (650 bhp), ‘Sport’ (850 bhp) and ‘Race’ (1,104 bhp) - thereby allowing the driver to select the appropriate set-up for any driving condition.
With a displacement of 7000 cc and a 6-speed manual transmission, the supercar is supported by a body that is hand-built from carbon fibre wrapped around a light steel frame.
Troels Vollertsen, CTO and founder, Zenvo Automotive, said: “Several customers from Europe have already expressed their desire to buy the Zenvo ST1, and we are confident that this number will rise in the region following the Dubai International Motor Show.”
“Given the excellent initial response for the ‘Zenvo ST1’, our future plans include the launch of a set of limited edition models - one an open top targa version of the ‘Zenvo ST1’ and a slightly smaller, track-focused supercar,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners