Ford Fusion named '2010 Car of the Year'
Dubai, December 5, 2009
The Ford Fusion, America's most fuel-efficient midsize sedan which was recently launched in the Middle East, has been named Motor Trend's '2010 Car of the Year.'
'Ford has proven its resilience in these tough times by delivering to market a car with broad appeal to a broad range of consumers,' said Angus MacKenzie, Motor Trend editor-in-chief.
'The Fusion range has matured into a competitive roster of midsize sedans, able to compete with sales juggernauts such as the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. It is no surprise the Fusion now ranks in the top 10 best-selling cars in America.'
The Motor Trend award comes at a time when Fusion sales are already at an all-time high in the US, further positioning the vehicle as a formidable contender in the competitive midsize sedan market.
'The award is another testament of our commitment to delivering a world-class car lineup,' said Derrick Kuzak, group vice president, Ford Global Product Development, who accepted the golden calipers on behalf of the Ford team.
'Whether it is the best-in-class fuel economy or quality unsurpassed by Toyota or Honda, the Fusion and Fusion Hybrid are clear evidence that Ford is serious about our car lineup,' added Kuzak.
Hussein Murad, Ford Middle East's director of sales, said this was a great accolade for the Ford Fusion.
'This prestigious award comes at a great time, as our mid-size model sees positive feedback from the region. The all-new 2010 Fusion has hit it right with customers who seek value for money, sporty looks, great driving performance, spacious interiors, and an awesome sound system, all in one without the price tag,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Ford Fusion |
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer