Mercedes-Benz launches new look SLK
Dubai, July 23, 2009
German automaker Mercedes-Benz has launched a new limited edition of the popular SLK roadster called 2LOOK.
The SLK 2LOOK Edition is now available to order in exclusive obsidian black metallic or the special finish designo mystic white and is limited to just 300 vehicles worldwide. Headlamps with black surrounds ensure that the SLK 2LOOK Edition stands out from the crowd.
“This new limited edition promises to add more style to the segment’s most popular roadster,” said Frank Bernthaler, director, sales and marketing, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East & Levant.
The sporty and striking appearance of the special model is emphasised by 18 inch 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels with mixed tyre sizes (front: 225/40 R18, rear: 245/35 R18).
These are available in two surface variants, a lustrous high-sheen finish in titanium silver or dark, striking chrome shadow.
Discrete emblems on the wings and a draught-stop of transparent acrylic glass bearing the 2LOOK Edition logo also distinguish the special model.
A contrasting black-and-white colour scheme characterises the interior of the new SLK 2LOOK Edition. The sports seats are upholstered in nappa leather, with the seat centre panels in white and the contoured bolsters in black.
The doors and centre armrest are also in a contrasting black-and-white scheme in high-grade leather. Eye-catching, carefully finished decorative seams on all leather surfaces add to the effect.
Black-and-white features throughout the vehicle underline its dynamic potential. The multifunction steering wheel comes in black nappa leather with a white decorative seam, the black dashboard has white painted trim and, when the roof is closed, the roof lining is black. The white-edged floor mats have an embroidered 2LOOK Edition label.
The SLK 2LOOK Edition can be ordered with immediate effect in the engine variants SLK 200 KOMPRESSOR, SLK 300 and SLK 350. Prices start from $46,500. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service