Merc-Benz G-Class sales up 139pc
Dubai, June 17, 2009
Despite a sofetning of sales for SUV’s across the Middle East region, Mercedes-Benz said its G-Class saw record May deliveries with a massive 139 per cent growth over the same period last year.
The G-Class, which is 30 years old this year, represents the gene pool for the Mercedes-Benz SUV family, which, with five models, is the largest range of luxury SUVs available in the Middle East & Levant region.
According to the company, the iconic G-Class continues to be as popular as ever with 445 G-Class vehicles having been delivered to custonmers across the Middle East and Levant since January 2009.
In fact so popular has the G-Class been this year that its May deliveries figure of 259 is higher than that for the first five months of last year which was 186, said a top official.
“With its striking appearance, the G-Class continues to be one of the most coveted vehicles of its type on the market,” said Frank Bernthaler, director, Sales and Marketng, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East & Levant.
"The G-Class has become an automotive styling icon and continues to emerge victorious in reader votes across the world," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style