Merc-Benz G-Class sales up 139pc
Dubai, June 17, 2009
Despite a sofetning of sales for SUV’s across the Middle East region, Mercedes-Benz said its G-Class saw record May deliveries with a massive 139 per cent growth over the same period last year.
The G-Class, which is 30 years old this year, represents the gene pool for the Mercedes-Benz SUV family, which, with five models, is the largest range of luxury SUVs available in the Middle East & Levant region.
According to the company, the iconic G-Class continues to be as popular as ever with 445 G-Class vehicles having been delivered to custonmers across the Middle East and Levant since January 2009.
In fact so popular has the G-Class been this year that its May deliveries figure of 259 is higher than that for the first five months of last year which was 186, said a top official.
“With its striking appearance, the G-Class continues to be one of the most coveted vehicles of its type on the market,” said Frank Bernthaler, director, Sales and Marketng, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East & Levant.
"The G-Class has become an automotive styling icon and continues to emerge victorious in reader votes across the world," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race