Mercedes dealer delivers 72 MCV city buses
Dubai, April 22, 2009
Gargash Enterprises, the sole distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Dubai, Sharjah and the Northern Emirates, has delivered 72 low entry buses for public transport in Sharjah in a deal worth nearly Dh40 million ($11 million).
The MCV C120 low entry buses features the latest safety and security technology, and are designed to accommodate the needs of disabled passengers by having a special entrance and place within the bus in addition to kneeling system.
Moreover, the bus features Mercedes-Benz environmentally friendly engine, automatic transmission, GPS, electronic destination board and closed driver compartment in order to ensure a safe and comfortable ride with high fuel efficiency.
“These new buses will significantly add to our fleet and enable us to provide further opportunities to Sharjah residents to compromise into more cost effective public transport that will help reduce the carbon footprint of the Emirate,” said Eng Fahad Al Awadhi, managing director KGL Passenger Transport (KGL PTS).
“The new 40-seater buses will be used on various routes in Sharjah starting in April,” he added.
The handover comes just weeks after Dubai’ Road Transport Authority announced the order for 260 Mercedes-Benz buses.
KGL PTS, a subsidiary of Kuwait headquartered KGL Holdings with operations in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, is the leading operator of public and commercial transport in Kuwait. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award