Mercedes dealer delivers 72 MCV city buses
Dubai, April 22, 2009
Gargash Enterprises, the sole distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Dubai, Sharjah and the Northern Emirates, has delivered 72 low entry buses for public transport in Sharjah in a deal worth nearly Dh40 million ($11 million).
The MCV C120 low entry buses features the latest safety and security technology, and are designed to accommodate the needs of disabled passengers by having a special entrance and place within the bus in addition to kneeling system.
Moreover, the bus features Mercedes-Benz environmentally friendly engine, automatic transmission, GPS, electronic destination board and closed driver compartment in order to ensure a safe and comfortable ride with high fuel efficiency.
“These new buses will significantly add to our fleet and enable us to provide further opportunities to Sharjah residents to compromise into more cost effective public transport that will help reduce the carbon footprint of the Emirate,” said Eng Fahad Al Awadhi, managing director KGL Passenger Transport (KGL PTS).
“The new 40-seater buses will be used on various routes in Sharjah starting in April,” he added.
The handover comes just weeks after Dubai’ Road Transport Authority announced the order for 260 Mercedes-Benz buses.
KGL PTS, a subsidiary of Kuwait headquartered KGL Holdings with operations in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, is the leading operator of public and commercial transport in Kuwait. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners