Ford rolls out 9-millionth Mustang
Dubai, May 14, 2008
Ford Motor Company has rolled out the nine-millionth Mustang. The GT Convertible Mustang goes to a dealership in Iowa, US.
This is another milestone for Mustang, a favorite among muscle car lovers in the Middle East.
The Ford Mustang, approaching its 45th anniversary on April 17, 2009, is one of the most widely-recognised vehicles in the world. Today, one of every two sports cars sold in America is a Ford Mustang.
The Mustang is also Ford Motor Company's longest-running nameplate. Mustang was introduced on April 17, 1964 at the New York World's Fair.
Mustang sales hit an astounding 419,000 units in its first 12 months on the market, and topped the 1-millionth mark in the first two years, shattering the sales records of any single model in the history of automobile.
Mustang leads the nearly $1-billion aftermarket parts and accessories industry as the most personalized vehicle of all time, and has been recognized by Specialty Equipment and Manufacturers Association (SEMA) as the most accessory-friendly new vehicle.
The 2009 Mustang offers a Glass Roof option. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show