Ford rolls out 9-millionth Mustang
Dubai, May 14, 2008
Ford Motor Company has rolled out the nine-millionth Mustang. The GT Convertible Mustang goes to a dealership in Iowa, US.
This is another milestone for Mustang, a favorite among muscle car lovers in the Middle East.
The Ford Mustang, approaching its 45th anniversary on April 17, 2009, is one of the most widely-recognised vehicles in the world. Today, one of every two sports cars sold in America is a Ford Mustang.
The Mustang is also Ford Motor Company's longest-running nameplate. Mustang was introduced on April 17, 1964 at the New York World's Fair.
Mustang sales hit an astounding 419,000 units in its first 12 months on the market, and topped the 1-millionth mark in the first two years, shattering the sales records of any single model in the history of automobile.
Mustang leads the nearly $1-billion aftermarket parts and accessories industry as the most personalized vehicle of all time, and has been recognized by Specialty Equipment and Manufacturers Association (SEMA) as the most accessory-friendly new vehicle.
The 2009 Mustang offers a Glass Roof option. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race