Nissan Altima clocks record growth
Dubai, May 4, 2008
Nissan’s 2008 Altima posted its highest sales records in March 2008 with a remarkable 179 per cent growth rate compared to the same period last year.
Nissan Altima recently sold its 10,000th unit in the Middle East region, said a company official.
“Altima is very popular and sales of the 2008 model have really taken off. We have succeeded in selling our 10,000th unit in the region and this was achieved in Saudi Arabia. There is a great deal of potential for growth in this region.” said Hirotaka Mima, passenger vehicle brand manager at Nissan Middle East.
The durability, quality and reliability of the Nissan Altima were recently proven in the 24 hour Endurance Drive in Dubai.
The new Nissan Altima has also achieved the best-in-class award from Saudi Auto Magazine as the best Japanese Sedan in the Middle East.
Saudi Auto magazine had conducted an independent Dyno test performance evaluation as part of its commitment to establish independent benchmarks in automotive performance in Saudi Arabia.
It has also achieved endorsements from around the world, which includes the highest rating in the midsize car segment of the JD Power and Associates 2007 Apeal study as well as the AutoPacific 2007 vehicle satisfaction award for premium mid-size cars in the US.
The Nissan Altima boasts an array of advanced features such as Nissan’s ‘intelligent key’ with push button ignition, built-in hands-free Bluetooth, 9-speaker Bose audio system with iPod connection, dual-zone automatic climate control and steering wheel-mounted controls for Bluetooth, Audio and Cruise control.
The Altima’s new generation Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) is designed to create a true synergy in the drive train with smooth, responsive, fluid-feeling performance and efficient operation.
The Altima’s environmentally-friendly fuel consumption is a further attraction for prospective owners, he noted.
“We are extremely proud of the results achieved by the Nissan Altima. It is on a real record-breaking streak with another milestone added to its achievements. We are confident that the Altima will continue to thrive with new successes in the coming period,” added Mima.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners