'Supercar of the Sea' comes to Dubai
Dubai, March 9, 2008
The XSR48 – the world’s fastest production diesel engine powerboat – is to make its Middle East debut at the Dubai International Boat Show.
The show runs from March 11 to 15 at the Dubai International Marine Club.
The XSR48 is being brought to the show by XSMG Marine, a pioneering British superboat company.
Combining the ‘DNA of a supercar’ with superyacht styling, the much-hyped XSR48 has prompted industry experts to label it the ‘Bugatti Veyron of the sea’, said a statement.
“The XSR48 is a union between the world’s top designers, engineers and craftsmen to create the perfect platform for harnessing state of the art design, technology and ultimate power. It offers extraordinary performance, and characteristics that will exceed the expectations of the owner,” said Ian Sanderson, CEO and founder, XSMG Marine.
“The pure design of the XSR48 gives a bold statement of performance and style which will be evident when visitors see it on the water.”
The superboat’s regional debut follows XSMG Marine’s highly successful pre-launch test of the market at last year’s Dubai International Boat Show.
“The Middle East is the world’s primary emerging market and at last year’s show we tested the water with brochures and models. This year we are back, and will exhibit, for the first time anywhere, the first finished production XSR48,” added Sanderson.
XSMG Marine believe its flagship vessel will stand out from the crowd with unique design features and performance capabilities complimented by a sleek, spacious interior.
“Displaying a rare synergy of form and function, the XSR48’s iconic, F1-style architecture exudes dynamism even when static and it is certain to make waves at marinas across the Middle East,” said Sanderson.
Capable of speeds of over 70 knots in standard form, rising to 85 knots with more power and a lighter specification, the XSR48 is powered by two 11.3L, six cylinder bi-turbo diesel engines. Each Isotto Frashini engine – which comes with a standard two year warranty - packs a heavyweight 800 brake horse power punch in standard form.
XSMG’s world class partners, Fabio Buzzi’s FB Design, High Modulus - the world’s leading marine composite engineering specialists - and award-winning superyacht designers Redman Whiteley Dixon, have had their respective specialities seamlessly intertwined to craft a vessel delivering unprecedented driving experience, finite handling and extraordinary cornering ability.
The XSR48’s unique hull structure has a special glass roof running the entire deck length and a fully-enclosed driver’s view cockpit that forms a composite safety cell of carbon fibre and glass.
The carbon-fibre composite monocoque construction provides immense strength and increases internal cabin space over a conventionally constructed boat by 40 per cent, allowing for a fully-fitted accommodation area with double berth, luxury sofas and entertainment zone, Sanderson said.
A race-proven and unique stabilisation system buffer the boat’s sides creating the steadiness and security which allows the XSR48 to turn at high speeds – a thrilling experience for the superboat’s six, safely belted occupants, Sanderson said.
“The XSR48 is the ultimate. It delivers the exhilaration of a supercar on water, and gives the lucky owner and their companions the opportunity to experience complete oceanic freedom with no boundaries,” added Sanderson. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers