Dubai Golf wins tourism award
Dubai, November 18, 2013
Dubai Golf, operator of Emirates Golf Club, has been named ‘Golf Tourism Supplier of the Year’ at the International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) Awards held in Spain.
The operator manages the Emirates Golf Club, Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club, and Almouj Golf in Muscat, Oman.
The recognition is based on votes cast by more than 500 member tour operators of IAGTO in 62 countries, for its commitment to international tourism and its online golf reservation system.
The system allows visitors to book tee times at its three Dubai Golf 18-hole courses. It also services a Central Reservation Service which allows guests to book rounds at any of the golf course within the UAE.
Christopher May, chief executive officer, said: “Our courses continue to welcome international visitors from around the world – we have seen a strong growth in visitor numbers in 2013.”
Emirates Golf Club, which recently celebrated one million rounds of golf played on its courses, remains an icon for golf in the UAE.
“In early 2014, Dubai will become a magnet for international golf tourists once again as Emirates Golf Club hosts the 25th playing of the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. We are proud that some of our previous champions including Tiger Woods, Henrik Stenson and Rory McIlroy have already confirmed their participation and, in this special celebratory year, a stellar line-up of players will, once again, help showcase Dubai to the millions of TV viewers around the world,” added May.
Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club similarly offers a broad, five-star leisure experience in the heart of the city. Alongside its 18-hole and par-3 courses, it boasts a new golf academy and quality restaurants within its iconic sail-shaped clubhouse and idyllic setting.
Dubai Golf also operates the recently opened Almouj Golf in Muscat, Oman, featuring an 18-hole links-style golf course designed by Greg Norman, and set against a backdrop of the Hajar Mountains, with breathtaking views of the Sea of Oman.
This year’s 2014 IAGTO Awards Gala Dinner took place at the historic Tarragona Placa De Tores, Tarragona, Costa Daurada, Spain, on the final night of the International Golf Travel Market, the golf tourism industry’s annual global trade show. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha