Sanjeev Kapoor to open new UAE restautant
Abu Dhabi, November 3, 2013
Indian celebrity masterchef, entrepreneur and social media phenomenon Sanjeev Kapoor is bringing his ‘Signature’ super fine dining restaurant concept to Abu Dhabi.
Speaking at the F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, where he was hosted by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), the ‘Food Food’ TV channel pioneer revealed a ‘Signature by SanjeevKapoor’ restaurant will open in the prestigious Nations Tower on the city’s Corniche early next year.
“This will be the only Indian restaurant in this particular area of Nations Tower and I hope to have it open in time for the Gourmet Abu Dhabi festival in February,” said Sanjeev who fronted the KhanaKhazana food programme – the longest-running show of its type in Asia which was broadcast in 120 countries.
“The restaurant will serve the authentic Indian and signature dishes now associated with Signature by SanjeevKapoor and we expect it to attract both tourists and residents,” said the host of Sony India’s SanjeevKapoorKe Kitchen Khiladi show.
“We have seen growing numbers of Abu Dhabi residents travelling to Dubai to dine at our restaurant there, so we decided the market in the UAE capital was promising. This trend, complemented by the vibrant Abu Dhabi dining scene and the increasing number of Indians now visiting the city promptedthe decision to open here,” he noted.
Indian travellers now make up Abu Dhabi’s largest overseas source market for hotel guests with 14,540 Indians staying in the emirate’s hotels in the first nine months of this year – a 31 per cent uplift on the same period in 2012.
Masterchef Kapoor, whose website clocks up 25 million hits a month, also revealed he is in discussions with TCA Abu Dhabi for a starring role in its annual Gourmet Abu Dhabi culinary festival which runs from February 4 to 19 next year.
“I certainly would love to be a part of the festival which has made quite a name for itself on the international culinary circuit,” remarked Sanjeev who was a judge on Masterchef India and has carved out a career as masterchef, host, cookbook authority and restaurant consultant.
“Festivals like this highlight the fact that food is synonymous with entertainment and educational; people meet and bond over food the world over. I look forward to joining in Gourmet Abu Dhabi, meeting its followers, who I understand come from a wide range of nationalities, networking with the international masterchefs who take part and, of course, exploring more of the emirate’s own culinary traditions,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo