Qatar has 'problems' to solve: Platini
Paris, October 21, 2013
UEFA president Michel Platini has urged Qatar to solve its "problems" ahead of the 2022 World Cup which will be played in the Gulf state.
"It's a gift that was made to the Qataris," the Frenchman told Canal Plus in an interview aired on Sunday.
"But there are problems and they have to solve them. There are more important problems than knowing whether we play (the World Cup) in the summer or in the winter."
Fifa president Sepp Blatter has hinted that the 2022 World Cup might be played during the European winter because of the unbearable hear in Qatar in June-July.
Qatar has been criticised for migrants' working conditions in the country and allegations of workers' death on construction sites. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse