Almarai Q3 profit rises 5.7pc
Dubai, October 6, 2013
Saudi Arabian dairy firm Almarai reported a 5.7 per cent rise in third-quarter net profit on Sunday, missing analysts' estimates despite what the company described as "the strong performance of core dairy and juice categories".
The dairy producer made a net profit of 475.6 million riyals for the three months to September 30, up from 450 million riyals in the year earlier period, according to a statement to the Saudi bourse.
Analyst polled by Reuters on average forecast Almarai would make a quarterly profit of 483.3 million riyals ($128.87 million). - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm