Saudi event series to feature celebrity chefs
Riyadh, September 29, 2013
A series of gastronomic events hosted by a number of the world’s most celebrated chefs is set to be held in Saudi Arabia over a 14-month period.
The Globe Summit Series, which was traditionally a one-week event held at Riyadh’s Al Faisaliah Hotel, a Rosewood hotel, will run in two of the property’s premium restaurants – The Globe restaurant atop of the Al Faisaliah Tower and the contemporary La Cucina in the Al Faisaliah Suites.
The Globe Summit incorporates a series of course gala dinners, intimate studio lunches that are personally prepared and presented by the chefs, and exclusive cooking demonstrations and seminars, said a statement.
Hailing from the most acclaimed kitchens in Europe and the US, the chefs will create menus influenced by their respective regions, with signature dishes that have earned them international culinary fame, it said.
The first series started on September 28 and will run till October 3 at La Cucina and it features Italian chef Hans Baumgartner, holder of two Michelin stars. He will inspire diners with his artistic approach to the finest Italian dishes, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon