Bahrain braces for possible Syria strike
Manama, September 9, 2013
Bahrain is bracing itself to be ready for a possible military strike on Syria, said a senior public security official.
Chief of Public Security Major-General Tariq Al Hassan yesterday chaired a National Disaster Management Committee meeting at Public Security headquarters, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Members called on all ministries and organisations to be ready to implement the National Comprehensive Disaster Plan in case of military action against Syria and impacts it might have on the security of Bahrain and other GCC countries.
The panel also requested representatives of ministries and concerned bodies to review plans and continue training to improve readiness.
It stressed the importance of co-ordination between all bodies when sirens are heard. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers