Bahrain airport gets blast protection unit
Manama, September 4, 2013
Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) has obtained an advanced blast protection unit and has handed it over to the Airport Police Directorate (Ministry of Interior) in a move to ensure security at Bahrain International Airport.
The state-of-the-art blast container was handed over by chief executive officer of BAC, Mohamed Yousif Al- Binfalah to senior officials from the Airport Police Directorate during a ceremony held at the airport.
Following this announcement, the new blast container will be located at the central security screening point in the departure hall at the airport to contain suspicious baggage and small parcels.
“In line with our commitment to enhance the aviation security at Bahrain International Airport, we continuously ensure to equip the Airport with leading edge security solutions to implement the globally required measures,” said Al- Binfalah.
BAC is the authority responsible for operating and managing BIA as a world-class airport. As part of its operator role, BAC is responsible for elevating the airport’s infrastructure and services. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day