Blast injures 5 policemen in Bahrain
Manama, August 18, 2013
A homemade bomb went off in the Dair village of Bahrain last night, injuring five policemen, two critically, a report said.
The blast took place as the officers were confronting thugs who blocked roads and attacked them with Molotov cocktails. Sources said that an officer's leg had to be amputated after it was blown off in the explosion.
"His name is Waseem Qamar," they added.
The Interior Ministry confirmed on its official Twitter account that a homemade bomb had injured several policemen in Dair.
Meanwhile, criminals also burned tyres at another location in Bahrain and threw Molotov cocktails on Umm Al Hassam Police Station. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon