Epicor to deploy ERP solution for Barakat
Dubai, July 24, 2013
US-based Epicor Software Corporation has signed a new contract to deploy an enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution at Barakat International to enhance food distribution operations across the UAE.
Barakat International, a leading food distribution companies supplying high-quality meat and seafood products to five-star hotels, Grade-A restaurants and major catering companies in the GCC, aims to increase productivity, improve efficiencies and generate new growth opportunities through the deployment of the Epicor ERP.
The implementation will be carried out by Dubai-based ATG Solutions, a member of the Epicor Inspired Partner Network, wchih provides infrastructure and software solutions to its customer across UAE and India.
“We were in search of an all-in-one, end-to-end ERP solution that will enhance efficiencies across our operations,” said Ramkumar Menon, director for Bifco-Barakat International. “The implementation of Epicor ERP not only met our needs, it complements our ongoing commitment to providing excellent service to our customers.”
With the deployment of the Epicor ERP, Barakat International will reap key benefits like improved automation across business processes; effective management of governance, risk and compliance; improved decision support, and scalability, which is crucial for anticipating and meeting growth requirements.
"Epicor understands the complexity of running a distribution-based company like Barakat International,” said Anish Kanaran, director channel, Epicor Middle East.
“Epicor ERP is the perfect tool to facilitate the planning, assembling, shipping and delivering of the goods that their customers require within certain deadlines,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’