Genco wins top US Navy contract in Bahrain
Pittsburgh, July 16, 2013
Genco, a leader in lifecycle logistics(SM) solutions, said that one of its units has secured a contract with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) to support the US Navy's presence in Bahrain and Centcom Theater.
The one-year, fixed-price contract, with four one-year options, is valued at $38.8 million. With its prior operation in Kuwait, Genco’ wholly owned subsidiary Genco Infrastructure Solutions (GIS) brings proven experience in the region, a team fully trained to utilize DSS and experience managing both third-country nationals (TCNs) and local nationals (LNs).
The 330,000 sq ft operation will process over 100,000 transactions per year, consisting of government property from all service branches. GIS will also manage a Navy Material Processing Center for naval fleet support. Full operations are scheduled to begin in September.
John McGonigle, president, Genco Infrastructure Solutions, said: "As our first overseas prime contract, the DLA distribution operation in Bahrain builds on our previous success and provides an opportunity to support the Navy's 5th Fleet, a long standing, forward deployed, strategic capability and other Army and Air Force units in the region."
GIS has proven experience providing supply chain management, military base operations support, military subcontractor and task order contract support to the US government agencies. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn